HOME

Monday, January 28, 2013

M&M Cookie Bars


These cookie bars are incredibly yummy! They are super easy and quick to make too! I was not surprised these moist and chewy little numbers disappeared so quickly even with my tough little critics running around the house:) I made these on Saturday and they are already gone. Woohoo! I will tell you that I baked them in a 9x13 pyrex dish, but next time I think I will use a smaller pan so they will be a little thicker. They are perfect for little hands, but if you prefer them on the thicker side, use a smaller pan. This recipe was adapted from the website What Megan's Making.

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/8 cups of flour(I used all-purpose flour)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 sticks of butter(melted and cooled slightly)
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 sugar
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 cup of M&Ms, divided (I used mini M&M's because this is what I had on hand)

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Adjust the oven rack to lower-middle position. Grease a 9x13 (or 9x9 or 8x8 pan for thicker brownies.

In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda.

In a large bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Fold in 1 cup of M&M's and turn the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with the spatula. Sprinkle remaining M&M's on top and press in slightly.

Bake 25-30 minutes, until light golden brown on top and the edges start pulling away from the sides of the pan. Cool before cutting.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment